AI Developer - £65-85k DOE - London
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||City of London, London|
|Sector||Software Engineering / Development Architecture|
|Salary||£65000 - £85000 per annum + Benefits|
AI Developer - £65-85k DOE
In the AI Programmer role, you will be involved and responsible for all the AI programmers and the quality of their work. Working with designers to understand the requirements for the project during initial prototyping.
You will be heavily involved in the architecture of all the AI systems in the game during pre-production. You will be involved in the recruitment of the new members of the AI coding team as the project ramps up, and the teams subsequent management/mentoring. Due to the team being split across multiple locations, the role may require travel and managing remote employees.
Based near Guildford and office in London, our client is looking for exceptionally skilled developers to assist in the creation of worlds in the next big free-to-play games. In this position, you will help to inspire and create products and results for a new & exciting project aimed at a western audience.
The right person must be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with all disciplines to create & be responsible for elements of the product and company.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
If you are someone with a good sense of humour who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team & studio culture, a solid singing voice, sweet dance moves, and an ability to really blend and mix with a team...this is for you.
This position is based near Guildford with an office in London, you will report to the Lead Programmer who will also be based in the same office.
Work with the Lead Programmer to define the AI systems for a free-to-play UE4 based PC game
- Develop features yourself.
- Hands on during prototyping to help set the direction of the AI.
- Work alongside other leads and the CTO to establish and maintain technical best practices, such as regular code reviews, common coding standards, unit testing, etc.
- Hire, manage, motivate and mentor programmers reporting to you.
- Stop just short of writing AI that is self-aware.
- 5+ years programming experience in a similar industry
- Strong familiarity with Unreal 4 AI system.
- Experience working with networked multiplayer games.
- Experience developing AI for PC, as well as different console platforms.
- Loves working in cross-disciplined feature teams.
- Passionate about mentoring technical talent.
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English.
- What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience working with highly distributed teams.
- Experience operating a live free-to-play game service.
- 2+ years commercial Unreal 4 development experience.
- Great pension scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Exclusive company discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers
If you have the passion and relevant skill set, a suitable CV, then we would love to hear from you! You can also contact Samir on 02087060760 for more information, or for more roles like this, please visit the ZRGSOLUTIONS website - www.ZRGSOLUTIONS.com